As a Visitor Experience Volunteer, you will be involved in gathering feedback from the public, which will inform the work we do. You will also help us to spread the word about forthcoming exhibitions, events and projects within the museums. Whether you have free hours here and there, or a whole afternoon to spare, your support enables us to engage new audiences.
Duties could include:
• Conducting visitor surveys and recording general comments at Ipswich Museum and Christchurch Mansion.
• Answering visitor questions.
• Promoting our exhibitions and events by sharing our social media.
• Looking out for exciting social media opportunities linked to the museum programme e.g. anniversaries, hashtag trends.
We are able to reimburse travel expenses for this role.
Why get involved?
Training on conducting visitor surveys will be provided, along with how to create social media content that fits our brand. Volunteers will also be able to develop customer service skills.
Volunteering with us offers a great opportunity to anyone with a keen interest in the arts or museums, or looking for valuable experience for the future.
How to get involved?
You may be invited for an informal interview and, if successful, asked to attend an induction. These sessions are held every other month.
- Customer service
- Social media
- Working independently
- Marketing + communications
- Visitor Services/ Front of house
- Working with people of all ages
- Helping people
- Opportunities in Ipswich
- Volunteering at weekends
- Volunteering on weekdays